Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: NOC password management

From: Tremaine Lea <security-basics () ddiction com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 15:22:43 -0600

On 14-Mar-07, at 8:20 AM, List Subscriptions wrote:

As the security administrator I constantly get complaints from the
network admins about how hard it is to remember all the passwords.
What are the best practices for enterprise password management?  What
products are available?  They came to me with Mandylion labs password
management token ( http://mandylionlabs.com/).  Has anyone used this
product or have any insight into the best solution?

Thanks in advance

KeePass - http://sourceforge.net/projects/keepass/

Wide use, easy to use, excellent features. I highly recommend it. Store the db file on a network drive somewhere (it's encrypted) and then point each client install at it for use.

Tremaine Lea
Network Security Consultant