Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: IT Security Budget

From: "Kurt Buff" <kurt.buff () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 17:16:26 -0700

Before you consider the budget, I think it would be a useful exercise
to set up your goals, especially WRT your organization's security
policy.

And before that, it would probably be useful to provide to management
an evaluation of your security situation, including both strengths and
weaknesses.

With those in hand, your budget stands a better chance of being both
targeted correctly, and in tune with management's wishes.