Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: connecting lynx up with ssl certificates

From: PCSC Information Services <info () pcsage biz>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 14:35:33 -0500

From my experience you need to compile and install lynx specifically to enable SSL. In the default package SSL isn't included. FreeBSD ports (for example) have specific lynx versions delineating this difference. Given my limited experience with debian, I would also assume that they follow a similar paradigm, and instead would use the apt mechanism to download and install lynx-ssl.

Best,

Sean Swayze

On 3-Jan-07, at 12:42 AM, Jude DaShiell wrote:

When I try using google and logging in with an ssl-enabled version of lynx I get an error back saying no common name in certificate and the option to continue then the network connection is reset because of an unexpected error. I have openssl and ca-certificates already installed on debian but apparently I'm either missing some package or need to do some more configuration. Might there be some useful documentation to read on this somewhere?

Detect Malicious Web Content and Exploits in Real-Time.
Anti-Virus engines can't detect unknown or new threats.
LinkScanner can. Web surfing just became a whole lot safer.

http://www.explabs.com/staging/promotions/xern_lspro.asp? loc=sfmaildetect ---------------------------------------------------------------------- -----