Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: It's a Presidential Mandate, Feds use it. It is Free. How come you are not using FDE?

From: Anonymous () anonymous com
Date: 17 Jan 2007 01:55:13 -0000

The best is to use the internally built Encryption (Example: Segate's technology) if you are using a Full Disk
Encryption. If you are going to use a software for doing that there is waste of time and efficiency goes down when the
data or content to be encrypted is increased.

Why would someone encrypt system files (OS files) which Microsoft does it internally within each of their OS installs.
It is just a double process that is not proving anything.

Instead it is better and more efficient to teach every individual employee in a better fashion as to know that they
shouldnt store the important data in their laptops. If not then encrypt the NON-OS and non intensive files and not to
keep simple keys.

The process is very simple and I dont think that we need to waste our time in using FDE.

Warmest Regards,
FW