Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Lab setup for security learning

From: Johnny Wong <johnnywkm () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 14:50:58 +0800

Hi,

Vmware or MS Virtual PC.

Try www.cyberarmy.net

Rgds,
JW

At 07:04 PM 12/01/2007, Ankur Jindal wrote:
Hello all
Me and a couple of friends wish to set up a lab of our own for
learning network security. I'd like some suggestions about the setup
of the lab with respect to

a) The number of machines (We only have 3)
b) Networking components (we have a 4 port switch and a 4-port hub)
c) OS/Softwares (Win XP, Fedora Core 2, Backtrack (for all testing),
windows disassemblers etc.)
d) Setup architecture (both physical and software)

Any suggestions for above are welcome. I'd appreciate it if you can
provide any links/docs/tutorials etc.

Thanks
Ankur

Detect Malicious Web Content and Exploits in Real-Time.
Anti-Virus engines can't detect unknown or new threats.
LinkScanner can. Web surfing just became a whole lot safer.

http://www.explabs.com/staging/promotions/xern_lspro.asp?loc=sfmaildetect