Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Procedural Issues

From: <security () calculateddecision com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 21:17:05 -0600

I would say your main threat is that your team leader accidently hoses the
live data.  Also, if you're dealing with sensitive information, he obviously
then has access to the real data.  Whereas in the test environment you
should be using masked up, bogus data.

If you segregate the two environments, typically a systems administrator or
application admin would be doing the move.

Anthony Towry