Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Preparing for GSEC

From: "Nick Duda" <nduda () VistaPrint com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 11:38:30 -0400

This has been discussed before (not sure if on security focus as I read
many lists).

The one and only true study material for GSEC is the course material.
When taking the exams you will see why as they address certain topics
that the course itself only covers. When I took my GSEC I used the self
study option from SANS. Much cheaper than sitting a conference and you
also get MP3's of an entire (recent) conference. I listened to them
to/from work each day, pause, rewind....etc. You also get the actual
course books, 3 or practice exams and the exam itself (for additional
charge).

- Nick