Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Monitoring of Admin logins

From: "Petter Bruland" <pbruland () fcglv com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 10:25:08 -0700

You might be able to do this by using Evtsys and a syslog server.
On the syslog server you would have to setup some sort of triggered
event based on the incoming syslog event.

Evtsys -
https://engineering.purdue.edu/ECN/Resources/Documents/UNIX/evtsys
Syslog server - http://www.kiwisyslog.com/index.php

!*!* Not sure if the free Kiwi syslog server will be able to send emails
etc based on the syslog message it receives.

Anyway, we'll probably see some other solutions from this list that will
work better.

-Petter