Security Basics mailing list archives

NAC for ISPs

From: "Curt Shaffer" <cshaffer () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 10:33:58 -0600

I have been kicking around the idea of more ways to protect an ISP client I
have. He is a smaller ISP that is all wireless. As of next week we are
introducing VLANs for select bridged segments and QoS end to end. My
question to the group is this. How feasible do you all think NAC would be
for extra protection? On one hand I see full benefits of quarantining people
that don't have up to date virus definitions, don't have certain updates or
are currently infected. But there is just something sitting in the back of
my mind that tells me customers won't like this even though it is in
everyone's best interest. I am open to everyone's point of view on this.
Please let me know your thoughts pros and cons!

Thanks!

Curt