Security Basics mailing list archives

DNS Manipulation via IPTables or other means?

From: "Dan Bogda" <dan.bogda () kintera com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 13:43:53 -0800

Guys,
Sorry to cross post, but I'm looking to see if an IPTables solution
exists for NATing DNS responses? I thought I could alter DNS responses
with IPTables, but I can't find any reference to this. Does this
functionality exist natively or via a plug in module? Otherwise, does
anyone have any other suggestions?

I have details of the problem below. I am looking for a network based
solution so that the hosts don't need to be updated. I only need to
update a handful of IP addresses and would like to focus there. I am
currently running multiple views inside of BIND to provide an internal
and external copy of each zone file, however this is not scalable.

Thanks,
Dan