Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: CISSP

From: "Kelly, Robert L (Lee)" <robert.kelly () verizonbusiness com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 21:16:08 +0000

ISC does not require a college degree in order to sit for the CISSP exam
- their requirement is for a person to have a minimum of 4 years of
direct full-time security experience in one or more of the ten domains.
The full description can be found here:
https://www.isc2.org/cgi-bin/content.cgi?category=1187 and if you read
the first bullet under the initial paragraph it states that this
experience may be work of such a nature that it usually includes a
liberal education or a college degree, but that is not a strict
requirement.

That page also describes that, depending on your background, it may be
possible to get a waiver for up to 2 years of the above mentioned 4
years.

Thank You,

Lee Kelly - MSc., CISSP