Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Article: "Security Absurdity: The Complete, Unquestionable, And Total Failure of Information Security."

From: "Saqib Ali" <docbook.xml () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 21:22:03 -0700

"Security" is a matter of perception.  If the companies don't see it as an issue, it (quite simply) is *not* an issue.

That is fine for the company in question. But NOT fine for the
customers / other companies interfacing with the company that does not
see INsecurity is an issue. I wouldn't wanna have my credit card info
stolen from an online merchant, neither would you.

One option is that I do not deal with compannies that do take security
seriously. But how do I know which companies do NOT take security
seriously? Maybe they should put a disclaimer on their website????

--
Saqib Ali, CISSP, ISSAP
Support http://www.capital-punishment.net