Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Avoiding tunnels

From: "David Gillett" <gillettdavid () fhda edu>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 10:13:12 -0800

  Blue Coat's new "SG" appliance line are SSL proxies (with
hardware assist); one of their intended uses is as an SSL
Man-in-the-Middle to catch stuff trying to sneak in over 443.
(They already did 80 without the encryption hardware.)
  [They retain full proxy server functionality, or can be
used as a reverse proxy/SSL accelerator in front of your
servers, too.]

David Gillett