Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Avoiding tunnels

From: Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers <bugtraq () planetcobalt net>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 20:29:22 +0100

On 2006-02-28 Javier Hijas wrote:
  I wonder if there is a way to avoid tunnels via fw (v.g. netfilter).
How can I control that an opened port 80 is not used to tunel to a ssh
server listening at port 80?

You need to filter on layer 7 instead of layer 3/4, e.g. by proxying the
traffic.

Regards
Ansgar Wiechers
--
"All vulnerabilities deserve a public fear period prior to patches
becoming available."

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus