Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: How to get into Penetration testing?

From: "Alice Bryson" <abryson () bytefocus com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 22:55:56 +0800

hi Guy,
   I think it is very good for a pen tester to have programming
experience, for you may understand why the test success or failed, not
only repeat the test procedure.
   but Java might a too high-level language which hide a lot of
implement details. i suggest study Assembly language, C. These
language are very important for understand and exploit vulnerability,
at least i think so.
   And something about work experience. i have been working as a pen
tester for more than 1 year. before pen tester, i am a AntiVirus
analysis. No one born with work experience, if you can't get an offer
of a pen tester, you may try a relative position, like network
security company's position.

12 Jun 2006 11:24:05 -0000, rahul.joshi2 () googlemail com