Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Web service security

From: "Vinod Gadgoli" <vinod.infosec () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 14:45:09 +1000

Hey Atul,
what sort of services you want to cover in ur security testing ?
there are various approaches to it such as,
u can check for the security of authentication mechanisms used, the
use of get or post methods to submit form date, the insecurities of
session id's, session hijacking attacks, cookies stealing, parameter
tampering attacks etc.
you can start by visiting www.owasp.org
this provides u a framework for what all you can test for an web app.
they have also got nice collection of tools and white papers

HTH

Vinod