Security Basics mailing list archives

Web service security

From: "Atul Wankhade" <atul_wankhade () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 00:44:45 +0530

Hi All,

Firstly, sorry if I have posted this to wrong alias. Please point me if you know the right alias. I want to perfrom a security testing for the webservices. I am a novice in this field. I would highly appreciated if you could help me and share pointers in this regard. Also, I searched for couple of tools on the net and here are my findings. Has anybody used any of the following? It would be helpful if you suggest me on the same.
Thanks in advance ...
Atul Wankhade

WSFuzzer
- Attacks a web service based on valid WSDL, a valid endpoint & namespace, or it can try to intelligently detect WSDL for a given target.
-          http://www.neurofuzz.com/modules/software/wsfuzzer.php
wsChess
-          Web Services Assessment and Defense Toolkit
-          http://net-square.com/wschess/index.shtml
WSDigger
- a free open source tool to automate black-box web services security testing (also known as penetration testing). - http://www.foundstone.com/index.htm?subnav=resources/navigation.htm&subcontent=/resources/proddesc/wsdigger.htm
WSBang
- Python-based tool used to perform automated security testing of SOAP based web services.
-          http://www.isecpartners.com/tools.html
SOAPSonar
-          Allows Web Services Vulnerability Assessment.
-          http://www.codeproject.com/showcase/Crosschecks1.asp