Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: All Permissions removed from folders

From: "Dubber, Drew B" <drew.dubber () eds com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 23:01:24 +0100

Hi

Don't know for sure on 2000 SBS but vanilla W2K products and later
normally have a setup security template at c:\windows\security (setup
security.inf). Assuming that's there you can kick off a MMC and add in
the Security Configuration and Analysis Snap-In, create a new database
and open the setup security inf template. Right click the top level
heading and choose configure.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/816585 - a more substantial link, refers
to W2K3 but should be ok for 2000.

That surprisingly enough should get you back to the setup security. You
can choose the Analyse option if you want to check what changes will be
made first and of course save the inf file to another name if you want
to tweak it.

Hope that helps a little (sorry can't check it more thoroughly!)

Kind regards
Drew