Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: All Permissions removed from folders

From: "Oyesanya, Femi" <foyesanya () radiology bsd uchicago edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 16:59:46 -0500

Run default computer security template
-----Original Message-----
From: Maury A. Swartz [mailto:maurys () xs4all nl]
Sent: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 11:09 AM
To: security-basics () securityfocus com
Subject: All Permissions removed from folders

One of my customers has managed to remove all permissions and groups
from
several folders on his Windows 2000 small Business Server. Is there any
way
I can restore the Administrator priviliges to these folders? Are there
any
tools that might be of help?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Maury

Hacking, like any art, will take years of dedicated study and
practice to master. We can't teach you to hack. But we can teach you
what we've learned so far. Our courses are honest, real, technical
and practical. SensePost willl be at Black Hat Vegas in July. To see
what we're about, visit us at:

http://www.sensepost.com/training.html