Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Deny client from obtaining IP address

From: Andrew Wheeler <a_wheeler () manx net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 21:29:52 +0100

Have a look at this it might help you.

ipconfig -setclassid

http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/cgi-bin/arp3/arp3-t.pl?l=368&c=37955

Andrew

On Thu, 2006-07-27 at 12:24 -0400, rolando_ruiz () jetaviation com wrote:
Hello all,

Is there a way that in DHCP or so, one can deny a client computer from
obtaining an IP address? We use Microsoft servers ADS environment and
I'd like to allow only those we want to obtain
an IP address. I don't want to make it too restricted where authorized
users are unable to connect. I'm sure there are some 3rd party apps that
can handle this and I welcome suggestions on those also. This is a
solution for denying connectivity to outsiders.

Thank you

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence
in Information Security. Our program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Using interactive e-Learning technology, you can earn this esteemed degree,
without disrupting your career or home life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus