Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: How many password cracking programs are there?

From: Harold Winshel <winshel () camden rutgers edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 14:08:36 -0400

Thanks. My concern is that in order to defend against password cracking programs it would be necessary to know how the password cracking programs work.

It just seemed funny that the same two or three password cracking programs get most of the mention. I figure that a lot of the password cracking programs must be incorporating passphrase cracking routines.

Harold