Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Why is that when an E-Mail is sent via an E-Mail client it's altered, but not if it's sent via the web site?

From: Christos Triantafyllidis <ctria () physics auth gr>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 22:06:50 +0200

Hi,
The problem is that something is added or removed to the mail after it is signed. By "mail" i mean the full mail (with headers). Some headers are not contained in the signature (like the "delivered to" headers) because it is normal to be added after the signature but others (like subject or a footnote in message body advertising a service (common in free email services)) should not be changed after the signature.

Common email clients SHOULD NOT create such problems. Homemade on the other hand...

Christos Triantafyllidis

Ebeling, Jr., Herman Frederick wrote:

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience. Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning, Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.
http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus