Security Basics mailing list archives

question: Linksys 54G WAP - SSID name change issue

From: "Joe George" <j.george () conservation org>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 11:18:45 -0500

Hi all,

I don't know if any of you are familiar with this issue or not, but at
home, when I change the SSID, I have at least one wireless device which
has an inconsistent connection. It connects and later drops, but
eventually re-connects again and repeats itself. If I change it back to
the default, no problem.  I have updated the firmware, and searched
through Linksys website for information about this problem, but it
persists.  Linksys tech support changing my antenna position, but that
didn't help.

Any suggestions or solutions?

Thanks,

Joe

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus