Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: RE: Designing Network Security

From: kaushik () gamebox net
Date: 7 Jan 2006 12:13:53 -0000

Thanks everyone for yr inputs.

We have basically decided on a few things.

2 BSD firewalls will communicate with each other to provide a failover net-connection over 2 service providers.
Behind the firewall will have a VLANed DMZ where we keep the DNS, Webserver, FTP server, VOIP Server (at a later stage)
and Mail Server.
Another firewall seperates the internal network.
Where the various users will be put on different vlans depending on thier roles.

Please critique this setup. What are the flaws and difficulties that we might face.

Warm regards
Kaushik

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus