Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: VMware moves to free with Server product

From: Gregory Rubin <grrubin () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 14:42:14 -0800

What I'm still trying to figure out is if VMWare Server is coming out
free, why should I keep using and buying upgrades for my copy of
VMWare Workstation?

I've seen several comparisons on their website between VMWare Server
and both GSX and ESX, but what I'd really like to see is a comparison
between it and workstation.

Greg

P.S. If I can start running headless sessions, I'll be very happy.