Security Basics mailing list archives

What addresses to put on my NEW black list?

From: "phunked up!" <phunkodelic () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 09:07:01 -0500

Trying to create a blacklist for my network.  Want to include
addresses for mainly streaming audio, and file shareing.  I have a
couple of network abusers who listen to internet radio that just don't
follow company policy which has banned it.  Yes I know I should try
and bust them but thats a pain in the butt and besides if I do that I
don't get the joy or experience of doing this.

First off I was going to deny the addresses of various "bad"
severs/web sites on the net at my firewall.  I was then going to
create a DNS entry that points all restriced IPs to a internal web
server that would host a page stating that the site is banned
(blackholing IPs).

As mentioned above the issue I have is finding the IP addresses to
ban.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus