Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: RE: MS in information security

From: null_anonymous () yahoo com
Date: 7 Feb 2006 06:10:54 -0000

I think the key word is knowledge. Degree only helps to give us a good start. It does not gurantees any thing.

For example if we see,

 http://www.cc.gatech.edu/fac/Andre.Dos.Santos/

If we look at the disseration his whole disseration is completely wrong. I donot thing the professsor is being able to
differenciate between role based access control and SAC. These are some of the basic fundamentals of access control. If
he is my instructor, then how can i be assured about the kind and level of knowledge which he is imparting to me ?

On the other had there was a drop out from the same school Chris Klaus, he started ISS one of the largest internet
security companies in the whole world. I donot think he had any Ph.D., M.S.
I am pretty sure his level of knowledge will be mush better.

  Key word is "knowledge".

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus