Security Basics mailing list archives

qualification in IT-security (Question)

From: gmx <pal_adam () gmx net>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 21:08:45 +0100

Hello

I have a question about qualification in IT-security and marketing chances,
maybe i put it in the wrong list, in that case, i apollogize.
The point is, i`m actualy studying CS in germany, and i do that a
pretty long time. For different reasons (some of them would be time
and money) i want to break and try to get a job in the industry, in
the field of IT-security.
For sure i cannot expect the same
payment as someone who is done with study, but it is more a learning-by-doing.
My question to you is: what do you think how my chances would be,
because i also hear persosns telling me that my chances on the market
with no dipl. would be nearly 0. Do you think so too, or do you think
if i was able to earn some qualifications on-the-fly (student jobs) i
would be able to get a point to start from?
At the moment i have no CCNA, or CISSP or similar.
Thank you, and sorry again if i postet that incorrectly;.

--
Best regards,
 Adam Pal                          mailto:pal_adam () gmx net