Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: static/dynamic file analysis of executable in windows

From: "Robertson, Seth (JSC-IM)" <Seth.Robertson-1 () nasa gov>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 09:58:05 -0500

There's regmon for the registry.  Process Explorer (SysInternals) gives
you a ton of information in a small package, and it gives you the
services registered under the process (identified by DLL), but not every
DLL loaded for the process.  IDA Pro or a similar disassembler should be
used to trace code execution.

Seth Robertson
NASA Johnson Space Center