Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Interview Questions

From: "Young, Randy" <RWYoung () verisign com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 13:34:01 -0700

Glad to hear that was it.  This coming from someone who just did some
crawling under the raised data center floor to get a cable run that was
needed right now to get a service back on line.  Couldn't wait for
someone else and it's what got me here, being willing to do things and
knowing how to.

Randy Young

  [To be fair, that *wasn't* the interview answer that lost
him the job offer.  He fancied himself a "Network Architect"
and said that crawling under a desk to plug something in was
"somebody else's job".
THAT was the clincher.]

Dave Gillett

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of
Academic Excellence in Information Security. Our program
offers unparalleled Infosec management education and the case
study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Using interactive e-Learning technology, you can earn this
esteemed degree, without disrupting your career or home life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus