Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: malware block my PC for to enter in internet, possible?

From: Sh4d03 <mlists () shadow-security net>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 16:14:49 +0000

lino70 () interfree it wrote:
HEllo to all users and a Securityfocus Admins... I have a big problem: I think that I have to take a malware or others malicious code on the internet, and after this I have scanned my computer with a many removal and security tools how Adaware,Spybot S&D,Stinger ecc... I have removed 3 malware from my computer but remaing a big problem... I cant connect my pc on internet :( My web browser firefox say me 'I cant contact a server' What i can to make for resolve this problem ?? thanks

Don't leave your confidential company and customer records un-protected. Try Webroot's Spy Sweeper Enterprise(TM) for 30 days for FREE with no obligation. See why so many companies trust Spy Sweeper Enterprise to eradicate spyware from their networks.
FREE 30-Day Trial of Spy Sweeper Enterprise

http://www.webroot.com/forms/enterprise_lead.php

We're likely to need more information than that.

How do you connect to the Internet? Dial-up? DSL? PPPoE? Bridged?

Does your computer connect directly with your modem?

Do you have a firewall?

Are there any other computers connecting via the same Internet Connection?
   If so, are they able to connect?

Do you have a virus protection system on your computer? Is it up to date? Have you run a scan with it?

When did the problem first occur?

We're all happy to help, but you have to help us help you.

Regards,

Sh4d03