Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Patch Scanning/Reporting Solution

From: "Jason Prespolis" <JPrespolis () neriscience com>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 09:50:03 -0400

Counter Spy
http://www.sunbelt-software.com/

Spy Sweeper Enterprise
http://www.webroot.com/enterprise/?WRSID=4468d3126b46b4533d6f691cbf7db56
4

-----Original Message-----
From: K. Tyler Leet [mailto:tyler.leet () attustech com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 04, 2005 11:33 AM
To: security-basics () securityfocus com
Subject: Patch Scanning/Reporting Solution

I am currently evaluating patch scanning/reporting solutions for my
company.  I am not interested in patch deployment or any other
kind of network management services; I only need a product to scan
networks for missing patches and have the ability to generate an
XML output for reporting purposes.  I have already evaluated Shavlik's
HFNetChk and GFI Languard, but wanted to get some names of a
few other solutions to evaluate.  Also, if anyone has any good Spyware
scanning solutions feel free to share those as well :), I am
aware of Shavlik's but no other remote scanners ATM.  Thanks in advance
for the advice!

Cheers!

Tyler Leet