Security Basics mailing list archives

Patch Scanning/Reporting Solution

From: "K. Tyler Leet" <tyler.leet () attustech com>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 10:32:40 -0500

I am currently evaluating patch scanning/reporting solutions for my company.  I am not interested in patch deployment
or any other
kind of network management services; I only need a product to scan networks for missing patches and have the ability to
generate an
XML output for reporting purposes.  I have already evaluated Shavlik's HFNetChk and GFI Languard, but wanted to get
some names of a
few other solutions to evaluate.  Also, if anyone has any good Spyware scanning solutions feel free to share those as
well :), I am
aware of Shavlik's but no other remote scanners ATM.  Thanks in advance for the advice!

Cheers!

Tyler Leet