Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: OS to know.

From: Kevin white <kwhite () ci collierville tn us>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 08:27:34 -0500

I'm hoping most of the infrastructure Curtis mentioned isn't on the
public Internet. I know a grad student who trained at a Navy base in

Actually a quick Google reveals that all this informatino is publicly
available and possibly even more in to detail though probably out-dated.

Having worked with militay IA guys overseas I can tell you that there is
plenty in public record that is somewhat accurate. What goes on behind the
scenes is what is highly protected and undisclosed.  Not to mention the
IA guys I worked with look more like steroid bound goons than someone
you'd meet at defcon or blackhat.  Ahh..  Nothing like war driving in a
war zone...  brings back some memories...

--
Kevin White

Quantity is no substitute for quality, but its the only one we've got.