Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: prohibiting visitors from connecting to network

From: amitk () ingvysyabank com
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 00:53:56 +0530

Hi Cesar,

    Port Security is the solution where you dont need any 802.1x
authentication or certificates.... Port security helps you to prevent from
VLAN Hopping, MAC spoofing, etc... For futher security, Give static IP
address and allow that VLAN to go thru Proxy server to internet, so that you
can get logs for that time-period..... Check AV definition, Scan the machine
for Spyware before giving Internet access, etc....

Regards,
Amit Kothari

IT Security Monitoring Team
  _____