Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: OS to know.

From: Kelly Lucas <lucaskeli () fastmail fm>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 16:49:00 -0700

I've been in quite a few security companies, and some form of BSD seems to be the platform of choice for many of them. However, you really need to be versed in the platform that your clients are running, so for large institutions I'd say that would be Solaris, AIX, and now Linux seems to be gaining traction. At least most of the Unix like platforms have some concepts and implementations that apply to all of them.

kdl

John Williams wrote:

I am a graduate student at George Mason University obtaining my MS in Information Security and Assurance. What operating system is used more for security administration in the private sector versus the government sector? Pretty much I would like to know what operating system I should focus on if I wanted to pursue a government career in security or if I wanted to purse a career in the private sector. Thanks.

Mark Jacobs

--
Kelly D. Lucas
lucaskeli () fastmail fm