Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: ITT a good ISS school to attend?

From: BladeRunner0123 () aol com
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 14:22:03 EST

My personal opinion but I consider many private  technical schools a poor
choice for technical education.  I have  visited a few private technical
colleges
and noted the tuition costs  to be far to high and/or  the acceptance
criteria
far to low.  All  the ones I have visited  I would not recommend to anyone
from high  school, unless maybe your planing to  transfer out of that school
soon
or you're taking specific courses from  there.  If continued  education is
what
you're looking for then some of  those schools did  offer appealing course
descriptions for their continued  education  courses.

Because Information Systems Security/information security is an  interest of
yours you could start your research by googling NSA  schools of  excellence.
http://www.nsa.gov/ia/academia/caeiae.cfm  Within there are listings of
schools the NSA recognizes for their  information  security programs/curricula.
This would be a good  starting point because  many of the school listed therein
are already well  recognized names:
Carnegie  Mellon University (CERT), Florida State,  Stanford, Georgia Tech,
Perdue,  etc.  But don't forget to review  the NSA criteria for measurement
for
any  bias.  Remember this is  just a starting point, you should not limited
your
selection to the  schools listed therein.

A website that I frequent _www.certcities.com_  (http://www.certcities.com/)
has many members that  posting  questions related to your topic *hint*.

Good look!