Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Negotiation skills

From: "Nesbit, Rosalie " <rnesbit () techboston org>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:33:25 -0500

Yup.  I'd suggest "Shadow Negotiating" by Deborah Kolb.  It's written to address women's particular negotating
needs/issues but is an insightful volume.

cheers,

Rosalie

From: "Andres Martinez" <artiman () artiman net>
Date:  Sat, 12 Mar 2005 11:12:28 -0500

Hello everybody, I've been working in IT security during the last 5
years and I'm ready to face my first management position,.The biggest
challenge in this new job is going to be how to change the perception
about security targeting personnel without any technical-background
(besides Windows and Office). I'd appreciate your advice and
recommendations; also I'm looking some books about negotiation skills
and how to get the most of the people, any favorite titles ?

Thanks.

Artiman