Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Career Choice

From: Joseph Forbes <jftitan () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 19:18:46 -0600

Kirk,

  I will second Britton's thoughts on what will be needed of you once
you graduate from school. I can also admit that it is true that the
two options available to you are real. Either have a very nice resume
that shows that you have spent your time wise, and well during school
within the security field. OR know someone within the field to give
you the heads up on a opening within the job market, or company
needing administrators.  I have been in corporate scale network
solutions for over five years, and I am just now finishing up my
Bachlers degree in Network Security.  Of course I have been a
fortunate person within my teens to already be involved with
technology.  I started young, and I have a resume to show for it.

  If your not already working for a company as a "lowly" tech, then I
suggest to get your feet wet and get into it. Course, if your already
in a high paying job, and making the choice to expand your horizon,
then stick with your job, however start volunteering for anything
technical/network related.

  If your in San Antonio (which I would bet not) then I can offer a
Intern position...  just follow the signature.

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 13:11:42 -0500, Britton, Jeff B.