Security Basics mailing list archives

force https

From: Leon <roastin () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 07:17:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I have a web-based frontend for an application that
users will be accessing.  It can use http or https.  I
would like to allow only https.  This is a more
relaxed company so it will be harder to enforce a
management policy (as in dont do this do this) so I
would like to enforce this through the use of
techonlogy.  I know i could set a router acl to permit
only https to the server but this seems kind of like a
kludge (first off it wont prevent people on the same
subnet from doing what they want).  How can I
configure IIS to only except https connections?

Thx,

Leon