Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Building a Company Computer Use/Security Policy

From: dallas jordan <dallas.jordan () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 13:31:57 -0500

Samuel,
  Try this site it has lots of examples and templates you can use for
various policies.

http://www.sans.org/resources/policies/

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 18:33:09 -0600, Samuel S. Kempf
<samk () rjpromotions com> wrote:
I've recently taken over the position of I.T. Director for a mid-sized
company that has no IT policy of any sort currently in place, aside from
a vague mention in the no compete agreement about not giving proprietary
data to other companies. One of my prime initiatives at the moment is to
implement such a policy, something I've never been responsible for
before. Can anyone point me to sites/articles on how to do this? Or,
better yet, does anyone know of such a policy available online that I
could use as a basis for my company? Any suggestions are most welcome.

Samuel S. Kempf

--
Dallas Jordan CCNA, Security+
Ernst & Young LLP