Security Basics mailing list archives

Hack PGP

From: Daniel Persson <mailto.woden () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 07:06:46 +0100

Hi.

I have a delema that is quite strange but then again feasable. I did a
backup on my system and wiped my harddrive and then installed
everything from scratch.

My problem was that the PGP keys where locked down on my harddrive and
couldn't be copied by the backup system. I didn't check and now I'm
left with a few PGP files without any keys. The public key is floating
around on the net and I have the password to the secret file but no
secret file.

Is there any tools available on the net to bruteforce a PGP
decryption? Or is the meare fought unfeasable so nobody has created
such a tool?

best regards

--
Daniel Persson