Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Web Application Scanners

From: kaps lock <secnerdkaps () yahoo com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 15:27:31 -0800 (PST)

I think Paros is pretty good too ..when u can see its
for Fr33!!!
google search on Paros
good documentation and instalation instructions
thanks
--- Bit Rider <bitrdr () yahoo com> wrote:

Web Inspect and AppScan are comparable products as
far
as application vulnerability scanning goes. However,
both of these seemed to have high number of false
positives, from what I'm told. But I have also heard
about something called Hailstorm from a company
calld
Cenzic. They seem to take a different approach by
automating the pen testing process with minimal
false
positives. (There was a previous thing called
Hailstorm from Cenzic that was a net attack engine,
but the new one is focused on the app layer.)

<!--br>

--- Leon Rosenstein <leonr () traiana com> wrote:

Hi,

Currently looking over Webinspect & Sanctum.  What
are
some of peoples thoughts / experiences on
Webinspect
vs AppScan?  Any other big players in the space
people
can suggest?

Thanks,

Leon

Yahoo! Mail - now with 250MB free storage. Learn
more.
http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250