Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Some Few Doubts on IIS Vuln

From: "dave kleiman" <dave () isecureu com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 20:30:44 -0500

Kaps,

You did not specify what you did the NESSUS scan on, but I will take a shot
that that it sounds like IIS5.

1.  .IDA ISAPI can be many things, for example, the Index Service running
provides for administrative scripts .IDA files.  Installing URLScan will
block these requests, and provide you with a log of the attempt, therefore
you would see what Nessus was attempting.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=23d18937-dd7e-4613-
9928-7f94ef1c902a&displaylang=en

2.  Wfetch will let you do those commands manually:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/d/e/5/de5351d6-4463-4cc3-a27c-3e22742
63c43/wfetch.exe

3.  Since we do not know what mail server or what authentication it uses
this might be difficult.

4.  Have you visited the documentation on http://www.nessus.org/  ??

Regards,

Dave Kleiman, CIFI, CISM, CISSP, ISSMP, MCSE

www.SecurityBreachResponse.com