Security Basics mailing list archives

About Antivirus Comparison

From: "Ricardo de Faria" <ricardodefaria () globo com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 02:17:11 -0200

When Norton AV scan ends it does NOT report that it had failed to scan an
encripted or password protected .zip file, for instance.

If you have a .zip file with a virus within when you open it you could have
a surprise...

AntiVirR DOES this and is updated at least once a day (There are days when
you get, say, 3 updates!).

AntiVirR has a free personal Edition for home use: http://www.free-av.com/

Cordially,

Ricardo de Faria

http://www.ricardodefaria.com/

Virus scanned with:
AntiVirR Personal Edition fur Windows Me (Me&98&95) und XP (XP&2000&NT)
Copyright C 1998-2004 H+BEDV Datentechnik GmbH

H+BEDV Datentechnik GmbH Internet:  http://www.hbedv.com
Lindauer Strasse 21 Email:  info () hbedv com <mailto:info () hbedv com>
88069 Tettnang Phone: +49 (0) 7542 - 500 0
Germany  Fax  +49 (0) 7542 - 525 10

Program 6.29.00.03
Scan engine 6.29.00.11
VDF file  6.29.00.116