Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: LKM ps error message with chkrootkit?

From: matt <matt () learnsecurityonline com>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 16:45:00 +0100

Paulo wrote:

Hi,

I have a RedHat 8 and when I ran the chkrootkit, I get
the following message:

Checking `lkm'... ps: error: Thread display not
implemented.
usage: ps -[Unix98 options]
      ps [BSD-style options]
      ps --[GNU-style long options]
      ps --help for a command summary
OooPS!
chkproc: Warning: Possible LKM Trojan installed

Was I hacked? Someone can help me?

Thanks in advance.

Paulo