Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Secure web site access and PKI Certs

From: Rodrigo Blanco <rodrigo.blanco.r () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 09:43:09 +0200

But I should have thought that if the PKCS12 certificate is password
protected, then it would still ask for the export password each time
you make use of it, wouldn't it?

So even if you gain access to the desktop, you would still be unable
to make use of the cert for client auth or any other purpose, makng
the web access impossible.

Hope this helps,
Rodrigo.