Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: User account auditing

From: "Andrew Shore" <andrew.shore () holistecs com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 16:55:20 +0100

John,

In my experience it's very simple, in the real world you probably don't.

There are a number of products available on the market for single sign
on and centralised authentication protocols such as RADIUS but in most
organisations these are still not fully implemented or implement able.

Another issues is application authentication, many Windows based
applications are now active directory enabled but most are not.

Each administrator should keep a list of who has access to what at what
level but usually this does not happen. It's a very interesting can of
worms you have opened and I'd be interested to follow this thread
myself:)

HTH

Andy