Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: an error in the NMAP docs?

From: "Michael Herz" <mherz () uwaterloo ca>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 09:16:52 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: David Gillett [mailto:gillettdavid () fhda edu]

  The *purpose* of the exception is NOT "to allow the
machine to act
as a DNS server".  Its purpose is to allow the client to
receive DNS results even when these are returned using TCP
instead of UDP.

This is exactly what I'm saying too. Right from the beginning
I believe ;-)

  No, I'm afraid it isn't.

I think I clearly did in my original and subsequent post.

 The bit in quotes is quoted from
your message.

The quote you extracted is from a section where I described what wouldn't
work.

Earn your MS in Information Security ONLINE
Organizations worldwide are in need of highly qualified information security
professionals.  Norwich University is fulfilling this demand with its MS in
Information Security offered online.  Recognized by the NSA as an
academically excellent program, NU offers you the opportunity to earn your
degree without disrupting your home or work life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus_en