Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: learning ethical hacking

From: David King <davewking () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 15:08:06 -0600

One more thing I forogt to put in my last post.  Someone mentioned
PHLAK, which is a great bootable Linux CD.  I'd also like to recommend
a couple of others, Auditor
(http://www.remote-exploit.org/?page=auditor) and Knoppix-STD
(http://www.knoppix-std.org/).  My favorate of the two is Auditor,
moslty because it seems to be the most up to date and works with the
most hardware.  All these CD's are free and are great for running
Linux tools on pretty much any machine.  Auditor is probably also the
most user friendly for those who have never used Linux before.

Laters,
Dave King
http://www.thesecure.net